Why are contact lenses a great choice for children and teenagers?
- Contact lenses provide all-round vision, so they can safely spot things out of the corner of their eye.
- Lenses allow them the freedom to run around, take part in sport and play, without glasses getting in the way.
- They can improve how they feel about their appearance.
- They are free from the worry of their glasses breaking, cutting them or being knocked off.
- Contact lenses are easier and cheaper to replace than glasses when they are lost.
Is your child or teenager ready for contact lenses?
There’s no minimum or maximum age for wearing contact lenses. Lots of children and teenagers wear them.
The most important consideration is whether they are mature and motivated enough to wear and care for their lenses properly. Wearing contact lenses involves a little more effort than wearing glasses. They require particularly good hygiene and care.
You are the best judge of your child’s level of responsibility and maturity. Janice can also help you decide if contact lenses are the right choice for your child.
Choosing the right contact lenses for your child or teenager
There are two types of contact lenses: daily disposable and reusable lenses. Visit our page on the different types of contact lenses to find out more.